Skip to main content

busy bee

Although I haven't written in a while, there is not too much to update. The photography team is very short staffed right now so I have been working lots of overtime. When I am not working, I am sleeping, so the stories of the last month are short and sweet.Victoria came back from vacation and we were lucky enough to work it out so we could be roommates! We are having a blast living together, and it is like a slumber party every night.Theo is back. It is so good to have my partner in crime back at my side again. My roommate Victoria and I filled his room with streamers, balloons, and a welcome banner when he came back. He returned the surprise by hanging snickers from my ceiling for me when I came home from work one night.The current Second City cast is leaving today so we spent the last week bidding farewell to our pals that have made us laugh, been our friends, and participated in so many movie nights the last four months. This talented group has some big things ahead of them, and I sure hope they stay in touch when they become famous :)This last week I also met an awesome couple from Florida. I was able to spend quite a bit of time getting to know the Pearces, and we finished off our week with a night of listening to Chuck Perry on the piano, having fun in waikiki, and dancing away before they headed back to the mainland.I also met a little girl named Maya. Maya reminds me so much of my little sisters, and it was fun meeting her this week. She even brought me these adorable drawings to thank me for taking her pictures and being her friend. It is people like Maya, and the Pearces that make this job so worth while.
I am very excited and nervous to shoot a beach wedding tomorrow. This is the first time I will be shooting the entire on location wedding and reception by myself. I am thrilled to be given this opportunity and look forward to this new challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fountains chapter 2

We learned a lot our first day that helped us to better plan and execute day two. Marine was busy with her real job, so Amanda and I were flying solo as we continued to embark on this crazy journey. Our first stop was an indicator that the whole day was bound to be a super interesting one! Quenching Cup fountain was first on our list for that day and number 26 in total. When we arrived at the location, we had to convince a security guard to unlock a restricted area and allow us access to the fountain. That was only the beginning of a day filled with illegal parking and driving maneuvers, wandering on private properties, and the collection of 50 fountains in a day!
The Bernard Powell fountain encouraged communities uniting to create a better environment. It was built across from the boyhood home of Bernard Powell in 1985 for $170,000. A life size statue of Powell was added in 1991 along with a time capsule in the corner of the memorial to be opened in 2041. Powell famous phrase was &quo…

fountains chapter 1

Ok, here is the scoop: Kansas City is known as the "City of Fountains." It boasts more than 200 fountains throughout the entire metro area which is more per capita than any other city in the country. Amanda and I have spent our whole lives in Kansas City, driving by many of these fountains on a daily basis. The other day we decided that we wanted to see them all, and that is what we have set out to do. Although it would be nearly impossible to find every fountain in Kansas City, our research allowed us to compile a list of approximately 157 fountains in the Kansas City area. We figured that was a good start. We know we probably missed several. In fact, this journey has taken us by fountains we didn't know existed in search of the ones on our list. This has not been an easy task. First we had to research the location of each fountain, then map them out all over Kansas City to determine the best route we should take to see them all. The planning phase took almost as much t…

dobra igra

Well this crazy trip has continued to keep me on the go and off the blog, but I found a moment to sit down and get this thing up to date. The adventures never stop and I never complain about that. As I said in my last blog post, the ship sailed through the Panama canal. I didn't, but the ship did. How you may ask? Stay tuned to find out!
I have said time and time again that working for Norwegian gives me opportunities I would never have otherwise, and the canal day was definitely one of them. As the photo manager, I was given the opportunity to climb down a rope ladder off the side of the ship and stand on the actual locks of the canal as the ship was passing through to capture the whole day!
The first lock was the Mira Flores lock. I strapped on my hard hat and headed out on the lock. I think the local Panamanians were impressed by how fearless I was about climbing out on the locks. All good photographers know it is worth risking your life to get the best shot right?!?
For the se…