Skip to main content

finish line in sight

I left off last time a little nervous about an upcoming wedding shoot. I can now say I am a wedding shooting veteran. I had a blast and the couple loved their photos. They loved them so much that it took them four hours to decide which ones they wanted!Theo, Megan, Jake, and I took off for my second trip up Haleakala for the magnificent sunrise! We pulled an all-nighter so that we could witness one of the most spectacular, okay, maybe the most spectacular view I have ever seen. Let's not kid ourselves, there are few things more beautiful than watching the sunrise from above the clouds. (I am obviously one of those things!) All jokes aside, it was a fun night and so worth the extreme lack of sleep.I took my camera and we were able to capture some fun shots while on top of the mountain. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place and have such beautiful friends to share these moments with. The ride down was filled with singing at the top of our lungs and eating leftover pizza. What could be better?The next week we had to bid farewell to the boys of Oh What A Night. They are leaving the ship for a few months, and it was sad to see them go, but I am very excited for the adventures they have ahead of them. There was no better way to say good bye than a night of karaoke and fun on the town. Henrryk gave us his best version of Ricky Martin's "Livin la Vida Loca." It was priceless, and Aimee's face is the best way to describe the rest of the night that followed. We all had a great time, and I can't wait to see everyone again on vacation!
Vacation is rapidly approaching and I can't believe that it has already been another five months. With a visit to my friends and family just around the corner, I am hoping the next few weeks will be a breeze.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

fountains chapter 2

We learned a lot our first day that helped us to better plan and execute day two. Marine was busy with her real job, so Amanda and I were flying solo as we continued to embark on this crazy journey. Our first stop was an indicator that the whole day was bound to be a super interesting one! Quenching Cup fountain was first on our list for that day and number 26 in total. When we arrived at the location, we had to convince a security guard to unlock a restricted area and allow us access to the fountain. That was only the beginning of a day filled with illegal parking and driving maneuvers, wandering on private properties, and the collection of 50 fountains in a day!
The Bernard Powell fountain encouraged communities uniting to create a better environment. It was built across from the boyhood home of Bernard Powell in 1985 for $170,000. A life size statue of Powell was added in 1991 along with a time capsule in the corner of the memorial to be opened in 2041. Powell famous phrase was &quo…

fountains chapter 1

Ok, here is the scoop: Kansas City is known as the "City of Fountains." It boasts more than 200 fountains throughout the entire metro area which is more per capita than any other city in the country. Amanda and I have spent our whole lives in Kansas City, driving by many of these fountains on a daily basis. The other day we decided that we wanted to see them all, and that is what we have set out to do. Although it would be nearly impossible to find every fountain in Kansas City, our research allowed us to compile a list of approximately 157 fountains in the Kansas City area. We figured that was a good start. We know we probably missed several. In fact, this journey has taken us by fountains we didn't know existed in search of the ones on our list. This has not been an easy task. First we had to research the location of each fountain, then map them out all over Kansas City to determine the best route we should take to see them all. The planning phase took almost as much t…

dobra igra

Well this crazy trip has continued to keep me on the go and off the blog, but I found a moment to sit down and get this thing up to date. The adventures never stop and I never complain about that. As I said in my last blog post, the ship sailed through the Panama canal. I didn't, but the ship did. How you may ask? Stay tuned to find out!
I have said time and time again that working for Norwegian gives me opportunities I would never have otherwise, and the canal day was definitely one of them. As the photo manager, I was given the opportunity to climb down a rope ladder off the side of the ship and stand on the actual locks of the canal as the ship was passing through to capture the whole day!
The first lock was the Mira Flores lock. I strapped on my hard hat and headed out on the lock. I think the local Panamanians were impressed by how fearless I was about climbing out on the locks. All good photographers know it is worth risking your life to get the best shot right?!?
For the se…